Safety is Our Priority
It is the job of Los Rios Police Department (LRPD) to protect our students, employees, and visitors – but campus safety is still a shared responsibility!
If you see or hear something unusual or suspicious, call the police at (916) 558-2221. By taking this shared responsibility seriously, we all help create a safe environment that fosters teaching and learning.
Active Shooter Presentation
General Safety Tips
- Stay alert to your surroundings
- Keep high value items out of sight and avoid carrying unnecessary items
- Travel with another person if possible
- Park and walk in well lit areas at night
- Know where you are going and walk quickly and confidently to your destination
- Hold your belongings close to your body
- Have your keys ready before you approach your vehicle
- Check the front and rear seats of your vehicle before entering
- Lock the door immediately after you get into your vehicle
- Always lock your bicycle to a fixed metal bike rack
- Preferably use a metal U-lock to secure your bike
- Take any quick-release parts that cannot be secured with you
- Photograph your bike and record the serial number
- Register your bicycle with the police
Safety Training for Employees
LRPD offers regular public safety training. Employees can use release time to participate in safety training.
If you have a suggestion for a training topic, then please contact us.
- Emergency Alerts
- Emergency Procedures
- Evacuation Procedures
- Training and Safety