Parking Violations Will Be Cited
You will be cited if you violate parking regulations. Your parking citation indicates your parking violation and penalty amount.
Pay a Parking Citation
Parking citations issued at Los Rios or any of our colleges are processed by the Citation Processing Center. The registered owner of a vehicle that has been issued a citation is responsible for resolving the citation, per state law.
Visit the Citation Processing Center website to pay your citation online. For online payment, there is an additional fee of $3.25. You can pay online with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card.
Pay by Mail
Send a check or money order made out to Los Rios Community College District to:
Los Rios Community College District
Citation Processing Center
Post Office Box 2730
Huntington Beach, CA 92647-2730
Remember to write the citation number and vehicle license plate number on your check or money order. Two-party checks are not accepted. There is a penalty fee for bounced checks.
Pay Promptly to Avoid Late Fees
Pay or appeal your citation no later than 21 calendar days from the citation issue date to avoid late fees. The Citation Processing Center may notify the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if you don't pay your citation within a certain amount of time. The DMV may refuse to re-register the vehicle until all outstanding fines have been paid.
Are Your Parking Fines Adding Up?
Request a Payment Plan
If you have parking fines in excess of $100, then you may call the Citation Processing Center to request a payment plan. There is a $15 administrative fee to use the payment plan. As long as you make your monthly payments on time:
- Your late fees will be placed on hold while you make payments
- Your late fees will be waived once you have finished making payments
- The Citation Processing Center will not file an itemization of unpaid parking violations and fines with the DMV
- Any DMV registration holds will be temporarily removed pending completion of the payment plan
If you fail to make a payment or make a late payment, then the following will occur:
- A subsequent payment plan will not be offered
- Any late fees placed on hold will be immediately reinstated
- The total amount of fines will be immediately due
- The Citation Processing Center will file an itemization of unpaid parking violations and fines with the DMV, initiating a registration hold on the vehicle
- An academic hold will be placed on the your records until the fees are fully paid
Additional citations received during the payment plan period will not be added to the existing plan and a second payment plan will not be available.
Appeal a Parking Citation
If you think you were issued a citation in error, then you can appeal the citation.