Get Information About Bomb Threat
If you receive a bomb threat, try to get as much information as you can from the caller, including:
- Exact location of the bomb
- What time the bomb is set for detonation
- What the bomb looks like
- What type of explosive is being used
- Why the bomb was placed there
- The number from which the call was placed
Try to write down the caller's exact words and the time of the call. Take notes about unique voice characteristics.
Give the information you got from the caller to the police. The police will conduct an assessment of the validity of the threat and work with college officials to coordinate appropriate actions, which may include evacuation. Wait for direction from police or college officials.
- Emergency Alerts
- Emergency Procedures
- Evacuation Procedures
- Training and Safety
Call district police at (916) 558-2221 and press zero to reach a dispatcher.