FILE ONLINE POLICE REPORTS
Welcome to the Los Rios Police Department Online Reporting System. Using this system allows you to submit a police report immediately.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR CRIME IN PROGRESS, PLEASE CALL LRPD DISPATCH 916-558-2221.
BE ADVISED: FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME.
Tips to help you complete your online report:
- You will be asked for identification information.
- You will be asked for contact information.
Upon completion of this process:
- You will be sent an email with a copy of your submission.
- The report you submitted online will be reviewed prior to final acceptance and approval.
- Reports are reviewed to ensure they can be accepted online based on incident type and all necessary details included.
- A majority of reports are not assigned to detectives for follow-up based on investigative leads, severity of the crime, the District Attorney’s case filing guidelines, and investigative staffing. Unfortunately, the majority of cases reported are closed without further action being taken. If follow-up will be conducted on your case, you will be contacted by an officer.
- Once the report has been approved, a permanent LRPD report number is issued and a email with that report number will be sent to you.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TO FIND OUT IF ONLINE POLICE REPORT FILING IS RIGHT FOR YOUR SITUATION:
If the incident involves any of the following, you must call (916) 558-2221 to file your report.
- Violent Crime (personal assault with great bodily injury, kidnapping, robbery, homicide)
- Firearm Theft
- Hate Crime (bias-related crimes)
- Sex-related Crimes (rape or other sexual assaults)
- Stolen Vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle, boat, outboard engine, ATV)
- Lost/Stolen License Plate(s)
- Domestic Violence (of any kind)
- Assault and Battery resulting in serious injuries (to include injuries requiring hospitalization or medical treatment)
- Traffic Collisions involving injuries, DUIs, or unlicensed drivers (unless all parties have left the scene), or after a hit and run accident when the license plate of the hit and run vehicle is obtained.
IF YOU ANSWER YES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW, YOU MAY FILE YOUR REPORT ONLINE.
- Did the incident occur on a Los Rios Community College Campus? If this incident occurred outside the campus grounds, please dial 411 for referral to the appropriate law enforcement agency for the jurisdiction.
- Do you have an email address? To file an online police report, you must have a valid and active email account.
- Did the incident involve one or more of the following?