It is important to familiarize yourself with the various types of parking permits that the Los Rios Community College District campus offer and the locations in which they are valid. The types of parking permits available and their usage requirements are listed below.
All vehicles left overnight will be cited unless authorized.
The campus speed limit is 15 mph
And please remember, pedestrians have the right of way at all times.
- California State laws and Los Rios Community College District parking regulations that pertain to parking are enforced 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Parking permits are valid only for the period of time specified on the permit and for the parking spaces intended unless otherwise noted.
- Parking permits may not be transferred from one person to another.
- A parking permit is valid for use only by the person who purchased the parking permit. Each person may possess one valid Los Rios parking permit at a time.
Designated Parking Spaces
Parking is authorized in designated parking spaces only. A parking space is designated by a white (student/visitor) or yellow (staff) parking space line on each side or end of the vehicle. Vehicles must fit within the parking space lines.
Display of Parking Permits
- Semester permits affixed to permit hangers must be displayed from the rearview mirror.
- Adhesive parking permits must be attached to the inside of the windshield on the lower corner on the passenger side windshield.
- Daily and guest parking permits must be displayed face-up on the passenger's side of the dashboard with the valid date clearly visible from the outside of the vehicle. Remove expired permits from the dashboard.
Purchase of Semester Parking Permits
A student parking permit may be purchased in one of three ways and is valid on any Los Rios Community College campus:
- Online via eServices. Permit will be mailed at least two weeks prior to the start of each term.
- By completing a payment coupon and returning it to a campus Business Center. Permit will be mailed at least two weeks prior to the start of each term.
- At any campus Business Center beginning 30 days prior to the first week of the term.
Pricing is as follows:
- Semester Auto: $30.00 ($20.00 with BOG waiver)
- Semester Motorcycle: $15.00
- Summer Auto: $15.00
- Summer Motorcycle: $8.00
Motorcycle Semester Permits
A motorcycle parking permit is required to park. Motorcycle permits must be affixed to the front fender, fork, or gas tank of the motorcycle. Motorcycle permits are valid only in designated motorcycle parking areas. Motorcycles may not park in regular vehicle spaces. Motorcycle permits can be purchased at a Business Services office.
Staff Parking Passes
Staff parking passes are valid on any Los Rios Community College District property. Staff parking permits are valid in designated staff spaces (painted yellow). Staff parking permits are transferable to a second vehicle. Two passes are issued to each staff member free of charge. An additional or replacement pass can be purchased for $5.00. Staff parking passes are available at any Los Rios Community College Police Campus. Please bring the license plate number of each vehicle utilizing the pass, proof of Los Rios Community College employment, and photo identification.
Daily Parking Passes
Daily parking permits, which cost $2, may be purchased from one of the daily parking permit machines located in several locations of each campus. The parking permit machines accept one dollar ($1) bills or coins (25, 10, 5 cent coins only). The fee for daily parking permits are not refundable. In case of a machine malfunction, you may:
- Purchase a ticket from another machine.
- Contact a Los Rios Police Officer or a Campus Patrol Officer to repair the machine and to request a one-day permit.
Disabled Parking Passes
Disabled personnel are allowed to park in any vehicle parking space (student parking, staff parking, designated disabled parking spaces, timed parking spaces).
To park in any parking space on campus, a vehicle must display both a valid Los Rios Community College District semester or daily permit and a disabled persons placard or license plate. Disabled persons may also park in timed spaces without time restrictions when they display a valid Los Rios parking pass and a disabled persons placard or license plate. Loading zones are intended for active loading and unloading and are not considered to be parking spaces; thus, disabled placards and license plates are not valid in loading zones.
About Student Semester Parking Permits
Student permits are valid for day or evening parking throughout the Los Rios Community College District (American River College, Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, Sacramento City College, and all centers).
A parking permit does not guarantee a parking space, it only authorizes you to park on campus or at a center where and when space is available.
- Several 30 minute parking spaces are available throughout the Los Rios Community College parking lots.
- Visitors who plan to spend more than 30 minutes on campus may purchase a daily permit from one of the daily permit machines located in the surface parking lots.
- Visitors invited to campus for special events, classroom presentations or other functions, may be issued a special guest permit from the police office upon request by the sponsoring college department or office.
No overnight parking is allowed, except in special circumstances with prior permission from the Los Rios Police Department.
Lost, Stolen and Counterfeit Parking Permits
If a parking permit is lost or stolen, please report the loss to the Los Rios Police Department. Lost or stolen permits are not replaced. A new permit must be purchased. We will record the number of the permit that was lost or stolen. It is a violation to display a lost, stolen, or counterfeit parking permit, and use of one may result in a parking citation and/or other corrective action. If your vehicle is sold, or the windshield is damaged, you must show proof of sale or repairs, or bring in the old permit (permit number must be intact) before another will be issued. There is a $2.00 replacement charge.
Bicycles are permitted on all campus roadways, but are not permitted to be ridden on walking paths and sidewalks. Bike lockers may be rented from a campus Business Center. The cost is $18.00 per semester and $9.00 for the summer.
Bicycles are NOT to be secured to anything other than official bicycle racks and if they are, they may have the lock cut and the bike removed by the Los Rios Police Department.