Citations and Appeals
The specific violation and penalty amount is indicated on the front of the citation. Payments must be sent by U.S. mail. Payment must be made by check or money order made payable to the Los Rios Community College District. Write the citation number and vehicle license plate number on your check or money order. Two-party checks are not accepted.
Mail payments to:
Los Rios Community College District
Citation Processing Center.
Post Office Box 2730
Huntington Beach, CA. 92647-2730
Payment may also be made online by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card at Citation Processing Center. An additional fee of $3.25 will be assessed for this service. A penalty will be assessed for checks not honored by your bank. Do not mail cash. You can access and pay your citation online as long as you have access to one of the following:
- Citation number and time of violation
- Notice number and 5 digit Zip code
- License plate number and issuance state
More help (U.S. Mail or online) information can be obtained by calling 1-800-989-2058
- You may write a letter stating the reason you believe the citation should be dismissed and mail it to the address above. Be sure to state your name, address, citation number, and vehicle license plate number. Include a copy of your citation with your letter.
- Appeal forms are available at any Los Rios Police office. A pdf version of the appeal form is also available.
- Appeals can also be handled online at our Citation Processing Center
- Appeals must be presented in writing, or via the web address, within 21 calendar days of the date the citation was issued. No appeals will be accepted after 21 calendar days.
- The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for the resolution of the citation in accordance with section 41102 of the California Vehicle Code.
- All appeals are handled by our Citation Processing Center. No appeal form will be accepted by the Los Rios Police Department.
To check the status of your citation, please contact our Citation Processing Centers.
Failure to respond to a citation within 21 calendar days of the date that the citation was issued may result in a $5.00 penalty and a delinquency notice. Failure to respond within 14 calendar days from the mailing date of the delinquency notice may result in doubling of the fines plus a $3.00 penalty and notification being forwarded to the Department of Motor Vehicles. The DMV will refuse to re-register the vehicle until all outstanding fines have been paid in full.
Citation Processing Center Frequently Asked Questions